Our team has unsurpassed expertise in the delivery of educational initiatives for management of obesity and stress, pain and inflammation, injury prevention, and energy enhancement.
First Responder Initiatives
The Foundation’s team has a successful track record of working with fire departments to develop and implement evidence-based and pragmatic firefighter wellness-fitness programs, based on the IAFF-IAFC Wellness-Fitness Initiative guidelines and the FEMA Assistance to Firefighters Grant (AFG) program. The Foundation’s team has regional and nationwide fire service stakeholder engagement.
The Foundation’s team is equipped with the expertise and resources to improve the wellness and fitness of firefighters through a wide range of services, such as:
– Coordinate purchase of fitness equipment for fire stations.
– Provide advanced training on use of fitness equipment.
– Coordinate Peer Fitness Trainer certification program.
– Provide advanced training for Peer Fitness Trainers that is required to implement a successful wellness-fitness program, above the initial certification.
– Collect and analyze outcomes data on clinical effectiveness and cost effectiveness.
– Coordinate other aspects of a WFI-based program, such as periodic medical and fitness evaluations, and identification and delivery of interventions based on findings of the periodic evaluations.
– Assist with grant writing for expansion of interventions for wellness-fitness programs beyond that supported by AFG, such as FEMA’s Fire Prevention & Safety grants.
Our team has a thorough past performance record of developing and conducting fire prevention and safety projects from research through successful implementation.
Dr. Mayer and Charity Lane presented at an educational webinar for North America Spine Society on May 23, 2018 titled “Nutrition Considerations You need to Know for Spine Disorders.”